Market Focus: Storm Watch
- May 22 Is Greece Still a Country if Someone Else Owns Its Assets? by John Rubino
- May 22 The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Retail Sales by Doug Short
- May 19 Robots on Verge of Replacing Human Anesthesiologists by Michael Shedlock
- May 19 A Net Assessment of the World by George Friedman PhD
- May 18 Is the Smart Money Running for Cover? by Chris Ciovacco
- May 15 When Europe Gets Greece’s Jingle Mail: Dealing With Default by Charles Hugh Smith
- May 15 Bond Markets Suffer Volatility as Crowded Trades Unwind by Monty Guild Tony Danaher
- May 15 Draghi Warns ECB Economic Policies May Lead to Financial Instability by Michael Shedlock
- May 13 Biggest Inflection Point for 2015 Happening Right Now (Update) by Chris Puplava
- May 08 Currency-Warmongers and the Impossible Trinity by BCA Research
Don Coxe: Bond Bull Coming to an End – Bonds Now a Center of Risk
May 22 - Jim welcomes back Donald Coxe, Chairman of Coxe Advisors. Don called the dawn of the bull market in bonds in 1981. Now 34 years later, Don sees the bull market ending as it enters a final mania phase, which will be...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Reflation – Ready or Not
May 16 – Jim’s first topic on the Big Picture this week is “Relation – Ready or Not”. Jim discusses the weak economic growth so far in the first half of 2015. He also explains why he thinks the deflationary trend is coming to an end, and why we may be moving toward a reflationary global environment in the second half of the year.
James Bianco: Bond Market Sell-Off Not a Fundamental Event – Profound Implications for Equity Markets
May 14 – Cris Sheridan welcomes James Bianco, President of Bianco Research, LLC. Jim believes the recent bond market sell-off is being driven by positioning and a lack of liquidity, not by fundamental forces.
Data and Goliath: The Hidden Battles to Capture Your Data and Control Your World
May 8 – Cris Sheridan welcomes Bruce Schneier, Chief Technology Officer at Resilient Systems and author of Data and Goliath: The Hidden Battles to Collect Your Data and Control Your World. Bruce writes “we are living in the golden age of surveillance” where...
Market volatility and the breakdown of fundamental and technical indicators are only a few signs. There are others which are more subtle and not visible to the human eye—below the surface. They show up in bear-o-metric readings of the nation's money supply, credit expansion and the breakdown of corporate earnings. With all of these readings, we know that a storm is coming. The question is: "What kind will it be?"
—Jim Puplava, The Perfect Financial Storm Part 3