Market Focus: Storm Watch
- Jul 29 Energy Myths and Conspiracy Theories by Oil Price
- Jul 28 The Case for a Bull or Bear Market in Two Charts by Charles Hugh Smith
- Jul 25 Inside the Market's Mind: Investment’s Hard Problem...and Why It Can’t Be [Quantitatively] Eased by Patrick Schotanus
- Jul 25 Geopolitics and Markets by John Mauldin
- Jul 25 Respecting the Message of Bob Farrell’s Rule #7 by Chris Puplava
- Jul 25 The Current ECB Programs Create a QE-like Environment, Setting Up for Moral Hazards by Sober Look
- Jul 24 Consensus Building for 2016 Stock Market Bubble, Crash by Cris Sheridan
- Jul 23 Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested as Credit Markets and Equity Markets Diverge by Chris Puplava
- Jul 23 Avi Gilburt: Gold Could Break Below $1000; Sees Sharp Decline in Stocks Before Final Top by FS Staff
- Jul 22 The Catalysts for a Correction by Thomas J Smith CFA
Richard Duncan: Prepare for Correction Once QE3 Ends
Cris Sheridan, Senior Editor of Financial Sense, welcomes Richard Duncan, Chief Economist at Blackhorse Asset Management in Singapore. Richard explains how the markets and economy are now purely driven by credit growth and liquidity, which is bad news for both when the Federal Reserve’s third quantitative easing program is expected to...
Louise Yamada: Market Still Climbing a Wall of Worry – Backed by the Fed’s Continued Easing
Jim welcomes back Louise Yamada CMT, Managing Director of Louise Yamada Technical Research Advisors. Louise notes that the market has continued to shrug off bad news, which is a characteristic of structural bull markets. She also notes that the market will likely continue to climb its wall of worry as...
Steve Forbes on his new book - Money: How the Destruction of the Dollar Threatens the Global Economy – and What We Can Do About It
Jim is pleased to welcome back Steve Forbes, Chairman, CEO & Editor-in-Chief of Forbes Media to discuss his new book about money. Few topics are as misunderstood today as the subject of money. In his book, Mr. Forbes explains how a weak dollar is at the heart of many problems today, including...
Axel Merk: Stocks Are In Bubble Territory – Central Banks Have Compressed Risk Premiums
Jim welcomes back Axel Merk, President and Chief Investment Officer of Merk Investments LLC. Axel and Jim discuss the stock market, where Axel sees a “buy the dips” mentality. He believes the market is reaching bubble territory, as central banks have compressed risk premiums through QE stimulus injections.
Market volatility and the breakdown of fundamental and technical indicators are only a few signs. There are others which are more subtle and not visible to the human eye—below the surface. They show up in bear-o-metric readings of the nation's money supply, credit expansion and the breakdown of corporate earnings. With all of these readings, we know that a storm is coming. The question is: "What kind will it be?"
—Jim Puplava, The Perfect Financial Storm Part 3