Market Focus: Storm Watch
- Dec 06 Wealthy Chinese… and Chinese Wealth, Flee Overseas by Monty Guild Tony Danaher
- Dec 06 Euthanasia of the Economy by John Mauldin
- Dec 05 Number of Banks and Percentage of Problem Banks Over Time by Michael Shedlock
- Dec 05 Will the “Least Loved” Bull throw a “Taper Tantrum?” by Gary Dorsch
- Dec 03 China’s Air-Defense Zone Ratchets Up Risk for Trade and Investment by Global Risk Insights
- Dec 02 China Troubles and the Incapable Nitwits of 2014 by JR Nyquist
- Dec 02 2008-Like Plunge In Stocks Not Likely by Chris Ciovacco
- Nov 27 Is a Stock Correction About to Catch Complacent Bulls by Surprise? by Chris Ciovacco
- Nov 27 Despite Reform, Brazil and Mexico Lack Energy Investments by Global Risk Insights
- Nov 25 IMF Forecasts Russian Economic Slowdown by Global Risk Insights
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: QE, Gold’s Bear Market, and Why We Won’t Experience Hyperinflation
This week on the Big Picture, Jim looks at why QE hasn’t led to rising inflation, why gold is in a bear market, and why there is no prospect for hyperinflation. Jim explores the reasons behind these topics and how they are connected...
Evelyn Browning Garriss: Volcanic Debris in the Arctic Will Create Colder than Average Winter in North America
Jim welcomes back Evelyn Browning Garriss, Editor of The Browning Newsletter. Evelyn discusses the volcanic eruptions in the Arctic air mass over the last two years, and how the result has been a very cold and turbulent polar air mass that will be moving south as winter approaches.
Martin Armstrong: We Are Facing a Crossroads in History - Liberty or Economic Slavery
Jim welcomes back Martin Armstrong of ArmstrongEconomics.com. Martin and Jim cover an array of economic topics, including the failure of the Fed’s QE policy to stimulate the economy. Martin notes as the world’s reserve currency, the dollars don’t stay in the US but circulate around the globe.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture (with Erik Townsend): Monetary Policy Under a Yellen Fed
Jim is joined this week on the Big Picture by Erik Townsend for the entire hour. In the first topic Jim and Erik discuss the impacts on monetary policy under a Janet Yellen led Federal Reserve in 2014...
Market volatility and the breakdown of fundamental and technical indicators are only a few signs. There are others which are more subtle and not visible to the human eye—below the surface. They show up in bear-o-metric readings of the nation's money supply, credit expansion and the breakdown of corporate earnings. With all of these readings, we know that a storm is coming. The question is: "What kind will it be?"
—Jim Puplava, The Perfect Financial Storm Part 3