Market Focus: Markets
- Oct 20 Tech Bellwether IBM Sees Big Earnings Miss by Sheraz Mian
- Oct 20 Consensus Expects Year-End Rally Post 10% Market Correction by FS Staff
- Oct 17 Weekday Wrap-Up: Supercomputers, Corrections, and Converging Cycles by FS Staff
- Oct 17 Q3: Not Amazing Nor Disappointing by Sheraz Mian
- Oct 17 Summation Index Rate of Change by Tom McClellan
- Oct 16 The Long Awaited 10% Correction Just Happened; Cramer: No Bottom Until Ebola Contained by Cris Sheridan
- Oct 16 Early Q3 Earnings Not Driving the Market by Sheraz Mian
- Oct 15 Gold Prices Spike 2% to 1-Month High as U.S. Stocks Dump With Bond Yields on Poor Retail Sales Data by Adrian Ash
- Oct 14 Banks See Positive Start on Q3 Earnings by Sheraz Mian
- Oct 13 Dollar Heavier to Start Week by Marc Chandler
- Oct 13 The Right Question by Jeffrey D Saut
- Oct 13 Signs for a Major Market Top; Will the Fed Reverse Course and Save the Day? by FS Staff
- Oct 13 The Wrong Idea About Inflation by Keith Weiner
- Oct 10 COT Data Show a Bottom for Copper by Tom McClellan
- Oct 10 Burden of Proof Has Shifted to the Bulls by Chris Puplava
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Stocks vs. Bonds – Do You Really Understand the Risk?
Oct 18 – In the first Big Picture topic this week, Jim compares the risk of stocks vs. bonds. Volatility has increased in the stock market and this week money was pouring into the bond market after stocks corrected, driving interest rates to the lowest levels since 2013.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: 2016-2017 - The Next Perfect Financial Storm
Oct 11 – This week Jim discusses the timeframe for the next financial storm on the horizon. A confluence of factors and events point to the period after the presidential elections of 2016, including rising interest rates, growing government debt, geopolitical turmoil and war, and the rising cost of Obamacare on consumers.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: LEIs Signaling a Soft Patch Ahead
Sep 27 – Jim’s first Big Picture topic is about the Leading Economic Indicators (LEIs) and why they are signaling a soft patch ahead. They indicate weakness in housing, mortgage applications and durable goods. Jim discusses the reasons behind the soft patch and why it will likely be temporary.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The End of the Taper – When Will Rate Hikes Begin?
Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week is about the Federal Reserve bring the tapering program to an end in October. Fed Chair Janet Yellen has stated that a “considerable time” until rate hikes begin is not a calendar event. However, there are more hawkish forces in the Fed, such as...