Market Focus: Markets
- Sep 30 Future Bull by John Mauldin
- Sep 30 Priming the Pump for Q3 Earnings by Sheraz Mian
- Sep 30 Technician: Top-Heavy Stock Market Has "More Pain to Come"; Long-Term Picture Still Favorable by FS Staff
- Sep 29 MIT vs. ShadowStats – Who’s Right on Inflation? by Matthew Kerkhoff
- Sep 29 Myths: Past, Present, and Future by Jeffrey D Saut
- Sep 29 How Much Longer Can the Global Trading System Last? by Michael Pettis
- Sep 26 Corporate Profits and Market Peaks - Are We There Yet? by Cris Sheridan
- Sep 26 Why Stock Investors Should Care What Happens in the Junk Bond Market by Chris Puplava
- Sep 25 Mixed on Durables and Jobless Claims by Sheraz Mian
- Sep 25 Saut: Dow Theory Says Primary Trend Still Positive Though Short-Term Caution Advised by FS Staff
- Sep 25 Dollar Pushes Higher by Marc Chandler
- Sep 24 NYSE Margin Debt Drifts Higher by Doug Short
- Sep 24 Short-Term Bottom Likely In, But Tread Carefully as Bearish Divergences Abound by Chris Puplava
- Sep 24 Is the Stock Market Running on Borrowed Time? by Patrick O'Hare
- Sep 23 How Much Further Can Gold Fall? by Taki Tsaklanos
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: LEIs Signaling a Soft Patch Ahead
Jim’s first Big Picture topic is about the Leading Economic Indicators (LEIs) and why they are signaling a soft patch ahead. They indicate weakness in housing, mortgage applications and durable goods. Jim discusses the reasons behind the soft patch and why it will likely be temporary.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The End of the Taper – When Will Rate Hikes Begin?
Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week is about the Federal Reserve bring the tapering program to an end in October. Fed Chair Janet Yellen has stated that a “considerable time” until rate hikes begin is not a calendar event. However, there are more hawkish forces in the Fed, such as...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Endgame – The Grand Finale and The Meltdown
Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week deals with where we are in the market cycle, close to the top, or heading higher? Jim lays out the case that macro forces favor higher stock prices for an extended period. He looks at where we may be in this bull market, and makes historical comparisons to the bull market of the 1990’s.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Ready or Not – Stock Prices Heading Higher
Jim’s first topic this week on the Big Picture is “Ready or Not, Stocks Heading Higher”. While many investors have been waiting all year, or longer, for a significant correction, Jim currently believes the market will be heading higher. He lists a number of favorable factors right now, including...