Market Focus: Markets
- Mar 12 Bitcoin: The Monetary Touchstone by John Butler
- Mar 11 Gary Shilling: Bears Have It Wrong—U.S. Not Stuck With Permanently Slow Growth by FS Staff
- Mar 11 What You Look At and How You Look At It by Thomas J Smith CFA
- Mar 10 Agri-Commodity Prices: A New High! by Ned W Schmidt CFA
- Mar 10 U.S. Bond Strategy: Stick With High-Yield by BCA Research
- Mar 10 How Many Stock Market Top Boxes Have Been Checked? by Chris Ciovacco
- Mar 07 Can the United States Rule the (Energy) World? by Oil Price
- Mar 07 Elevating Markets: A Signal of Reviving Bank Lending? by Alasdair Macleod
- Mar 07 Mid-term Election Cycle Forecasts April Market Peak by Chris Puplava
- Mar 07 A Divergence Among Nasdaq 100 Stocks by Tom McClellan
- Mar 07 Safe Havens Are Trouncing Stocks So Far This Year by Sy Harding
- Mar 07 Enter the Inter by Ryan Puplava CMT
- Mar 07 Stocks: October 2007 vs. March 2014 by Chris Ciovacco
- Mar 06 The Stock Market’s New Normal: A Wall of Worry by Christopher Quigley
- Mar 06 Higher Inflation Expectations May Start With Breakfast by Monty Guild Tony Danaher
David Rosenberg: Liquidity in Economy Points to Higher Stock Prices
Jim welcomes back David Rosenberg, Chief Economist & Strategist at Gluskin Sheff & Associates Inc. in Toronto. David and Jim discuss the macro economic picture in the US. David notes that weather issues will likely subtract about 1% GDP growth in the first quarter, but he expects growth to pick up in the spring.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Adapt or Die – Market Darwinism
This week on the Big Picture, Jim’s first topic is “Adapt or Die – Market Darwinism”. He discusses how we are living in different times and that the world is changing. He points out how Gary Shilling and David Rosenberg have both had to adapt their thinking to changing conditions.
Technician Ralph Acampora: This Bull Market Is Going Higher
Jim welcomes back noted technician Ralph Acampora, Director of Tactical Investments at Altaira Wealth Management. Ralph believes that the bull market will continue to climb a wall of worry and move higher. He notes two characteristics of all bull markets; low inflation and low interest rates, which are still in place.
Marc Chandler: Ukraine-Crimea Situation More Bluster and Hype Than Geopolitical Threat
Jim welcomes Marc Chandler, Author and Global Head of Currency Strategy at Brown Brothers Harriman. Marc makes the point that Vladimir Putin is no more than a Russian Nationalist who was provoked into taking action on his border.