Market Focus: Global/International
- Jul 22 Euro Eases to New 2014 Lows by Marc Chandler
- Jul 21 China Buys U.S. Debt at Fastest Pace on Record by Matthew Kerkhoff
- Jul 17 Crises Take Longer Coming Than You Think, and Happen Much Faster Than You Thought by FS Staff
- Jul 15 Fireside Chats by Jeffrey D Saut
- Jul 15 U.S. and Eurozone Industrial Output by Marc Chandler
- Jul 15 Triple Whammy for German Economy by Michael Shedlock
- Jul 14 The Red King by Ben Hunt PhD
- Jul 14 Why China’s Bad Debt Can’t Simply Be “Socialized” by Michael Pettis
- Jul 11 The Most Hated Bull! by Puru Saxena
- Jul 11 U.S. Plays With Fire By Using Bank Sanctions as Political Tools by Monty Guild Tony Danaher
- Jul 10 $22 Billion in California Homes Sold to Chinese All-Cash Buyers by Michael Shedlock
- Jul 10 World Sets New Oil Production and Consumption Records by Robert Rapier
- Jul 09 China’s Economy Returns to Leading Asia Recovery by Bill Witherell
- Jul 09 Central Banks Moving "Herd-Like" Into Stock Market by Cris Sheridan
- Jul 08 Exaggerating the Dollar’s Demise by Marc Chandler
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Old Normal, The New Normal, Inflation and Oil
In Jim’s first topic on the Big Picture he explains how the world operates much differently today, with interest rates at half century lows and global economic growth at anemic levels. Jim goes into detail into how the “New Normal” operates, and how it is related to both inflation and the price and politics of oil.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Mandarins of Monetary Finance – The Consequences of Zero Bound
In Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week, he looks at the consequences of the Federal Reserve’s zero interest rate policies, and what he expects ahead for the markets and the economy. Jim also references his interview this week with noted Fed-watcher James Grant, and discusses his opinions on the Fed as well.
Why the U.S. Stock Market Is Still the Best Place to Be – A Conversation With Brian Pretti
Jim welcomes back Brian Pretti CFA, Managing Editor at ContraryInvestor.com. In a wide-ranging conversation, Brian and Jim discuss how the U.S. stock market is more attractive, even if by default, than markets in Europe or Asia.
Alex Daley: Why I Moved to Puerto Rico – The New Land of Opportunity for Americans
Jim welcomes back Alex Daley, Senior Technology Editor at Casey Research. Alex discusses why he moved to Puerto Rico from Vermont and how Puerto Rico now offers advantages that no other nation on earth can provide to the world’s largest market of investors and entrepreneurs, Americans.
"In the early 1840s editor Horace Greeley encouraged his readers to go West. Today I encourage our readers consider the East in the 21st century." – Jim Puplava