Market Focus: Global/International
- Oct 22 Is This the Beginning of a New Bear Market? Important Signs to Watch by Chris Puplava
- Oct 22 The “New Normal” in EM Ex-China by BCA Research
- Oct 21 The Similarities Between Germany and China by Stratfor
- Oct 21 No Hard-Landing for China’s Economy for Now by Sober Look
- Oct 21 China, Europe & Earnings at Home by Sheraz Mian
- Oct 21 Speak, Switzerland! by Walter Donway
- Oct 20 Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices by Global Risk Insights
- Oct 20 How to Link Australian Iron With Marine le Pen by Michael Pettis
- Oct 20 Consensus Expects Year-End Rally Post 10% Market Correction by FS Staff
- Oct 17 Universities Feel the Gales of Creative Destruction by Monty Guild Tony Danaher
- Oct 17 Weekday Wrap-Up: Supercomputers, Corrections, and Converging Cycles by FS Staff
- Oct 16 Oil Prices Continue to Define Geopolitics by Stratfor
- Oct 15 Saudi Arabia Still Calling the Shots by Robert Rapier
- Oct 14 End of U.S. Dollar Hegemony - Not by Michael Shedlock
- Oct 13 The Right Question by Jeffrey D Saut
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Trouble in the Oil Patch
Oct 4 – The first topic this week is “Trouble in the Oil Patch”. Jim looks at the weakness in oil prices over the last few months. He discusses seasonal factors, and the recent strength in the dollar. He sees the weakness lasting another month or so, but the weather forecast for a very cold winter will likely change that trend as the demand for energy ramps up.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: LEIs Signaling a Soft Patch Ahead
Sep 27 – Jim’s first Big Picture topic is about the Leading Economic Indicators (LEIs) and why they are signaling a soft patch ahead. They indicate weakness in housing, mortgage applications and durable goods. Jim discusses the reasons behind the soft patch and why it will likely be temporary.
The Big Picture with Jim Puplava & Erik Townsend (Part 1)
In part-one of a special two-part Big Picture conversation between Jim Puplava and Erik Townsend, they take on the topic of Peak Oil. Is it a disproven idea, or just delayed? What are the new timelines, and is the US really on the cusp of energy independence?
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On The Record
In a special late summer edition of “On The Record”, John interviews Jim on a range of economic topics, starting with his views on the Crisis Window of 2014-2016, Peak Oil, and precious metals. Jim also gives his views on the theme of “Advantage America” and the growing manufacturing and energy renaissance in the U.S., as well as the rapid advances in...
"In the early 1840s editor Horace Greeley encouraged his readers to go West. Today I encourage our readers consider the East in the 21st century." – Jim Puplava