Market Focus: Global/International
- Dec 09 The Politics of Adjustment by Michael Pettis
- Dec 09 Netherlands After Losing Its AAA Credit Rating by Bill Witherell
- Dec 09 Why Japan May Matter More Than Tapering by James Gruber
- Dec 09 Bitcoin Offers Free Currency Movement in China, for Now by Global Risk Insights
- Dec 09 Great Graphic: Changes in South African Inequality During Mandela’s Life by Marc Chandler
- Dec 06 Wealthy Chinese… and Chinese Wealth, Flee Overseas by Monty Guild Tony Danaher
- Dec 05 Great Graphic: Eurozone Output PMI and GDP by Marc Chandler
- Dec 05 The Long and Short of It by Ryan Puplava CMT
- Dec 04 Brazil: Is This Emerging Market Now a Buying Opportunity? by Sober Look
- Dec 04 Shell’s Prelude, the World’s Largest Ever Floating Vessel, Hits the Sea by Oil Price
- Dec 03 E-Commerce With Chinese Characteristics by Monty Guild Tony Danaher
- Dec 03 China’s Air-Defense Zone Ratchets Up Risk for Trade and Investment by Global Risk Insights
- Dec 02 China Troubles and the Incapable Nitwits of 2014 by JR Nyquist
- Dec 02 The Global Economy in 2014 – the OECD, Japan, and China by Bill Witherell
- Nov 27 The Iranian Deal: What the Big Six Really Have to Gain by Marin Katusa
Dr. Gary Shilling: Advantage America - It Is and Will Remain the Best Place for Investment
In a special reprise edition of FS Insider, Jim welcomes economist Dr. Gary Shilling, President of A. Gary Shilling & Co., Inc., established in 1978. They discuss Dr. Shilling’s shift from confirmed bear to bull on the future economic prospects of America....
Kirk Sorensen: China Leads the World in the Development of Thorium Energy
Jim welcomes back Kirk Sorensen, founder of Flibe Energy, which is devoted to the design, development, manufacture and operation of liquid-fluoride thorium reactors. While the US recession has slowed the growth of electricity demand, Kirk notes that the US is beginning to retire old coal and nuclear plants.
Technician David Nicoski: It’s a Teflon Market - No Significant Corrections Ahead
Jim welcomes back David Nicoski CMT, Director of Research at Vermilion Technical Research, LLC. Dave sees no significant corrections ahead, just healthy backfilling and more frequent rotations...
Didier Sornette: Black Swans vs. Dragon Kings
Jim welcomes Professor Didier Sornette, an expert on complex systems. Sornette is the Chair of Entrepreneurial Risk at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich. Professor Sornette is also the author of Why Stock Markets Crash: Critical Events in Complex Financial Systems.
"In the early 1840s editor Horace Greeley encouraged his readers to go West. Today I encourage our readers consider the East in the 21st century." – Jim Puplava