Market Focus: Energy
- Jan 17 Oil Prices Boosted By Struggling US Dollar by Oil Price
- Jan 12 Rally in Oil Continues on Global Cues, Saudi Cut by Marc Chandler
- Jan 11 US Oil and Gas Jobs See First Gains in 2 Years by Oil Price
- Jan 09 Fact-Checking Snopes on Las Vegas and Renewable Energy by Robert Rapier
- Jan 09 Trump Tweets – Peso Plunges by Kurt Kallaus
- Jan 04 Key Themes for 2017: Earnings, the Dollar, Tax Cuts and Stimulus by Matthew Kerkhoff
- Dec 28 The Two Nations Racing to Host the Next Oil and Gas Rush by Oil Price
- Dec 23 The Arctic Drilling Ban: Much Ado About Nothing? by Oil Price
- Dec 20 A New World Order Is Emerging in Natural Gas by Oil Price
- Dec 19 OPEC Cuts Strengthen Case for US Shale by Robert Rapier
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Trump and the Great Reflation
Nov 19 – Donald Trump has won the election and now plans to provide a major boost to the economy. Will it succeed and delay the onset of a recession or will the “great reflation” get stopped dead in its tracks as interest rates climb steadily higher? Jim discusses...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Coming Obama Recession
Jun 4 – In the first Big Picture topic this week, “The Coming Obama Recession”, Jim addresses the growing signs of a slowdown in the economy; the latest of which was a very poor jobs number released on Friday. Jim and John discuss...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Fundamentally Speaking – Just the Facts
Apr 23 – This week on the Big Picture, Jim looks at what is driving the markets, which are up across the board, even with a slowing economy and corporate profits down. The falling dollar seems to be the key to improving liquidity and taking...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: $20 Trillion in Debt, Financial Repression, and Gold’s Blast Off
Mar 12 – The week’s first topic on the Big Picture is “$20 Trillion in Debt, Financial Repression, and Gold’s Blast Off”. Gold and commodities have been in bear markets since 2011. The Fed’s QE programs pumped money into financial assets, but not precious metals...