Market Focus: Energy
- Apr 24 Gas Prices In North Korea Shoot Up 83% As China Mulls Oil Embargo by Oil Price
- Apr 13 Fracking Comes to the Arctic in a New Alaska Oil Boom by The Conversation
- Apr 12 Oil Prices Slip Despite Draw In Crude, Gasoline Inventories by Oil Price
- Apr 10 Oil Prices Pull Higher On Outage In Libya’s Biggest Oil Field by Oil Price
- Apr 10 Are You Ready for the Middle East’s Solar Gold Rush? by Global Risk Insights
- Apr 06 To Defeat AI, Elon Musk Wants to Connect Your Brain to the Internet by Monty Guild
- Apr 05 Buffett Bets Big on Renewables, Shuns Coal by Oil Price
- Mar 30 Barry Bannister’s Comprehensive Macro Outlook Suggests Bear Market in 2019 by FS Staff
- Mar 24 Should We Pay Off $20 Trillion in National Debt by Selling Federal Assets? by FS Staff
- Mar 22 Imagining a World After Fossil Fuels by Stratfor
The Next Big Thing – Infrastructure
Mar 11 – In 2002, Jim Puplava wrote “The Next Big Thing,” explaining how natural resources, commodities, and precious metals were the next long-term investments. Today, he outlines why “The Next Big Thing” is infrastructure with governments expected to spend...
Forecast 2017: Expect the Unexpected
Jan 21 – In today’s Big Picture, Jim Puplava continues to look at the consensus forecasts for 2017 with a closer look at the energy and financial sector. Jim and John Loeffler also discuss potential outliers and industries that may bounce back this year.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Trump and the Great Reflation
Nov 19 – Donald Trump has won the election and now plans to provide a major boost to the economy. Will it succeed and delay the onset of a recession or will the “great reflation” get stopped dead in its tracks as interest rates climb steadily higher? Jim discusses...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Coming Obama Recession
Jun 4 – In the first Big Picture topic this week, “The Coming Obama Recession”, Jim addresses the growing signs of a slowdown in the economy; the latest of which was a very poor jobs number released on Friday. Jim and John discuss...