Market Focus: Energy
- Feb 16 Solar Installations Surge 95% In 2016 by Oil Price
- Feb 07 Yellen's Last Hike and the Next Fed Chair by FS Staff
- Feb 02 Louise Yamada: Trump Rally Reminiscent of 1994-1995 Breakout in Stocks by FS Staff
- Jan 20 Trump Can Easily Undo Obama’s Arctic Drilling Bans by Global Risk Insights
- Jan 19 Why Big Oil Is Unprepared for the Coming Energy War by Oil Price
- Jan 17 Oil Prices Boosted By Struggling US Dollar by Oil Price
- Jan 12 Rally in Oil Continues on Global Cues, Saudi Cut by Marc Chandler
- Jan 11 US Oil and Gas Jobs See First Gains in 2 Years by Oil Price
- Jan 09 Fact-Checking Snopes on Las Vegas and Renewable Energy by Robert Rapier
- Jan 09 Trump Tweets – Peso Plunges by Kurt Kallaus
Forecast 2017: Expect the Unexpected
Jan 21 – In today’s Big Picture, Jim Puplava continues to look at the consensus forecasts for 2017 with a closer look at the energy and financial sector. Jim and John Loeffler also discuss potential outliers and industries that may bounce back this year.
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Trump and the Great Reflation
Nov 19 – Donald Trump has won the election and now plans to provide a major boost to the economy. Will it succeed and delay the onset of a recession or will the “great reflation” get stopped dead in its tracks as interest rates climb steadily higher? Jim discusses...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Coming Obama Recession
Jun 4 – In the first Big Picture topic this week, “The Coming Obama Recession”, Jim addresses the growing signs of a slowdown in the economy; the latest of which was a very poor jobs number released on Friday. Jim and John discuss...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Fundamentally Speaking – Just the Facts
Apr 23 – This week on the Big Picture, Jim looks at what is driving the markets, which are up across the board, even with a slowing economy and corporate profits down. The falling dollar seems to be the key to improving liquidity and taking...