Market Focus: Energy
- Jan 29 Asset Price Deflation Coming Up? by Michael Shedlock
- Jan 27 U.S. Shale Boom May Come to Abrupt End by Oil Price
- Jan 26 Random Thoughts on a Cruise to Nowhere by Jeffrey D Saut
- Jan 22 Why $50 Oil Won’t Last by Robert Rapier
- Jan 21 Energy Stocks: Where’s the Bottom? by BCA Research
- Jan 20 Robin Griffiths Sees Topping Process in Stocks, Expects Bear Market This Year by FS Staff
- Jan 16 Weekday Wrap-Up: $40 Oil, Massive Volatility, 2015 Market Peak, and Why Jeff Rubin Saw It Coming by FS Staff
- Jan 15 Is Keystone Still Viable Amid Low Oil Prices? by Oil Price
- Jan 13 Venezuela, Iran Press Effort to Bolster Global Oil Price by Oil Price
- Jan 13 Craig Johnson Sees Double-Digit Gains for Stocks This Year by FS Staff
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On the Record (Part 2)
Jan 3 – In part-two of a special year-end On The Record interview, John interviews Jim on an array of economic topics as well as his own philosophy on investing. In this segment, John asks Jim what makes him different as an investment advisor, and why...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On The Record Part 1
Dec 27 – In part-one of a special year-end On The Record interview, Jim and John cover many economic and investment topics, including Jim’s views on peak oil, how the financial industry has changed since Jim started over 30 years ago...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The New World Oil Order (Part 2) – The Paper Chase and the Oil Glut
Dec 13 – Last week in the Big Picture Jim delved into the causes of oil’s big decline. This week, Jim will follow up on this theme, discussing a number of important questions; is this trend in oil permanent? If not, how long will it last? What will be the impact on the economy, good or bad?
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The New World Oil Order
Dec 6 – In Jim’s first Big Picture topic, he explores what has changed since July, when the price of WTI crude was $107 a barrel and is now selling in the $66 range. Has the world changed that much in five months? Jim looks at global economic growth rates, as well as the global supply of oil. He also discusses the critical topic of a shifting power structure in energy.
Peak Oil Reports
- BP Energy Outlook 2030
- BP Statistical Review
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- IEA Oil Market Report
- Oil: The Next Revolution (Harvard)
- Sustainable Energy Security (Chatham)
- The Oil Crunch (ITPOES)
- Shell Energy Scenarios to 2050
- Status of World Oil Reserves ($)
- The Next Oil Shock (NZ Parliament)
- The Export Capacity Index (ASPO-USA)
"Oil and natural gas are depleting resources. Investment in these areas will be important in the years ahead." — Jim Puplava
"...we passed the peak on December 16, 2005." — Kenneth S. Deffeyes