Market Focus: Energy
- Apr 15 How Do You Justify Consuming ExxonMobil’s Oil? by Robert Rapier
- Apr 11 Lassonde: Gold Moving Sideways; Very Bullish on Natural Gas by FS Staff
- Apr 11 EU Takes Steps Toward Energy Independence From Russia by Global Risk Insights
- Apr 10 Year of the Gas by Ryan Puplava CMT
- Apr 10 Potential for "Very High" Natural Gas Spikes This Year, Says Energy Analyst by FS Staff
- Apr 09 India’s Nuclear Energy Future at Risk in Elections by Global Risk Insights
- Mar 28 Crude Oil Commercial Traders Bet on Decline by Tom McClellan
- Mar 26 DOE Approves West Coast LNG Terminal by Oil Price
- Mar 24 Natural Gas: Will a Robust Injection Season Elevate Prices? by Joseph Dancy
- Mar 19 How Will Crimea Influence Iran Talks? by Oil Price
Kurt Wulff: The Coming Opportunities in Natural Gas
Jim welcomes back Kurt H. Wulff CFA, Independent Energy Analyst at McDep LLC. Kurt and Jim discuss the best way to play the next move in the natural gas sector. Kurt lists the companies he believes are best positioned to take advantage of higher natural gas prices.
Marin Katusa: Is There Hope in the Uranium Sector?
Jim welcomes Marin Katusa, Senior Market Strategist at Casey Research. Marin and Jim look at the struggling uranium sector, and Marin offers some reasons for optimism. He notes that a return to a bull market is waiting for Japan to restart its idle reactors. The high cost of electricity from other sources is damaging the Japanese economy, and...
Robert Rapier: Natural Gas – The Next Big Thing
Jim welcomes back Robert Rapier, Chief Technology Officer at Merica International and also Managing Editor & Director of Analysis at Energy Trends Insider. Robert makes a strong fundamental case for higher natural gas prices on a long-term basis. He discusses the changing role natural gas will play in electricity generation, as well as...
Technician Richard Dickson: No Froth Associated With a Market Top
Jim welcomes back Richard Dickson, Chief Market Analyst at Lowry Research. Richard sees no frothy conditions associated with a market top, and believes the consistent market sector rotations keep leading the market higher.
Peak Oil Reports
- BP Energy Outlook 2030
- BP Statistical Review
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- IEA Oil Market Report
- Oil: The Next Revolution (Harvard)
- Sustainable Energy Security (Chatham)
- The Oil Crunch (ITPOES)
- Shell Energy Scenarios to 2050
- Status of World Oil Reserves ($)
- The Next Oil Shock (NZ Parliament)
- The Export Capacity Index (ASPO-USA)
"Oil and natural gas are depleting resources. Investment in these areas will be important in the years ahead." — Jim Puplava
"...we passed the peak on December 16, 2005." — Kenneth S. Deffeyes