Market Focus: Energy
- Aug 24 Kurt Kallaus: Slow Growth but US Recession Still Years Away by FS Staff
- Aug 23 China Plans to Slash Crude Demand With 250,000 Bpd by Oil Price
- Aug 18 How Storage Could Transform the US Power Grid by Oil Price
- Aug 16 Oil Headwinds Become Tailwinds by Kurt Kallaus
- Aug 11 Iraq’s Deal With Oil Majors Could Crush OPEC’s Output Freeze Plans by Oil Price
- Aug 05 Economic Rebound Needs Oil & Copper Inflation by Kurt Kallaus
- Aug 03 End of Driving Season Could Send Oil Back to February Lows by Oil Price
- Aug 01 Why I am Skeptical of Electric Vehicles by Robert Rapier
- Jul 27 Oil Extends Losses as EIA Reports Filling Inventories by Oil Price
- Jul 27 Tale of Two Economies: Industrial vs. Consumer by Kurt Kallaus
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Coming Obama Recession
Jun 4 – In the first Big Picture topic this week, “The Coming Obama Recession”, Jim addresses the growing signs of a slowdown in the economy; the latest of which was a very poor jobs number released on Friday. Jim and John discuss...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Fundamentally Speaking – Just the Facts
Apr 23 – This week on the Big Picture, Jim looks at what is driving the markets, which are up across the board, even with a slowing economy and corporate profits down. The falling dollar seems to be the key to improving liquidity and taking...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: $20 Trillion in Debt, Financial Repression, and Gold’s Blast Off
Mar 12 – The week’s first topic on the Big Picture is “$20 Trillion in Debt, Financial Repression, and Gold’s Blast Off”. Gold and commodities have been in bear markets since 2011. The Fed’s QE programs pumped money into financial assets, but not precious metals...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Oil – The Bottom, The Recovery, The Shock
Feb 27 – Jim’s first topic this week on the Big Picture is “Oil – the Bottom, the Recovery, the Shock”. Oil is certainly more intertwined with the economy and the stock market than ever. When oil fell from $100 a barrel to much lower levels...