Market Focus: Energy
- Jul 27 Rude Awakening for Those Who Ignored the Energy Markets' Warning Signs by Sober Look
- Jul 27 Russia-China Gas Relationship on the Rocks by Oil Price
- Jul 23 New Weather Software Could Be A Game-Changer For Solar and Wind by Oil Price
- Jul 21 Is the U.S. Really the World’s Top Oil Producer? by Robert Rapier
- Jul 16 Gas Passes Coal as Top US Power Source by Oil Price
- Jul 13 Why We Should Get Used to Low Oil Prices by Oil Price
- Jul 10 Oil Price Plunge Raises Fears for Indebted Shale Companies by Oil Price
- Jun 30 Current Oil Price Slump Far From Over by Oil Price
- Jun 29 Have the Saudis Miscalculated the Impact of Lower Crude Prices on US Production? by Sober Look
- Jun 25 Why Buffett Bet A Billion On Solar by Oil Price
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Energy – The Era of Calm Markets Has Come to an End
Jul 11 – In the first Big Picture topic this week, Jim looks at how the tectonic plates have shifted over recent years in the energy markets. The shale revolution in the US, combined with slower global growth has brought the era of...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: US Crude Production Is in Decline
Jul 4 – Jim's first Big Picture topic this week is US Crude Production Is in Decline. One of the big surprises of 2014 was the drop in oil prices, with crude dropping from the low $100/ barrel to as low as...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: What Happens When The Fed Raises Rates?
Jun 13 – In Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week, “What Happens When The Fed Raises Rates?”, Jim covers the volatile increase in global bond yields since May, and how many investors, focusing on the stock market, may have missed...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Fed’s Next Move – Raise, Pause or Postpone?
Jun 6 – This week’s first Big Picture topic is “The Fed’s Next Move – Raise, Pause or Postpone?”. Jim believes we’ve begun the first part of a peaking business cycle, where bonds peak first, then stocks, and finally commodities.