Market Focus: Economy
- Feb 09 The Claws of Systemic Risk Are Popping Once Again by Ben Hunt PhD
- Feb 08 It's Not March 2009... And That's Bad by Patrick O'Hare
- Feb 08 Credit Markets Continue to Show Signs of Stress - Caution Warranted by Chris Puplava
- Feb 05 China Explores Its Monetary Easing Toolkit by Global Risk Insights
- Feb 05 Chart of the Day: Nonfarm Payrolls and Bank Tightening by FS Staff
- Feb 04 Lakshman on US Slowdown, Shocks, and China by FS Staff
- Feb 03 What Kind of Power Will China Become? by Stratfor
- Feb 03 Why We Won’t Have a “Lehman Moment” in the 2016 Crash by Charles Hugh Smith
- Feb 02 Spend or Die! The Era of Negative Interest Rates by Matthew Kerkhoff
- Feb 02 Q4 Earnings Illustrate Earnings Recession by Sheraz Mian
- Feb 01 Global Liquidity Continues to Contract by Cris Sheridan
- Feb 01 US Consumer Is the Last Defense Against Strong Dollar Drag on the Economy by Sober Look
- Feb 01 The Mad Stewards of Gondor by Ben Hunt PhD
- Jan 29 Bank of Japan and Oil Detracting Market's Focus from Weak GDP Report by Patrick O'Hare
- Jan 28 NYSE Margin Debt Renews Its Decline by Doug Short
George Friedman on the Looming Italian Banking Crisis
Feb 10 – Cris welcomes George Friedman PhD, internationally recognized geopolitical forecaster and best-selling author. George believes Greece was not an outlier, but a forerunner of trouble for Europe. Italian banks are now entering a crisis...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Dr. Gary Shilling on Deflation, the Dissolution of OPEC, and the Sunset of China’s Economy
Feb 6 – In a special edition of the Big Picture, Jim welcomes Gary Shilling PhD, President of A. Gary Shilling & Co and publisher of the newsletter Insight. In this exclusive interview, Gary provides some current analysis on the global economy and...
Dr. Gary Shilling on The Age of Deleveraging: Investment Strategies for a Decade of Slow Growth and Deflation
Feb 5 – Jim welcomes back Gary Shilling PhD, President of A. Gary Shilling & Co and publisher of Insight. They discuss how Gary’s book, The Age of Deleveraging, is still relevant and still prescient in its forecasts. Gary notes that “history is...
ECRI’s Lakshman Achuthan: US Economic Slowdown Underway; Fed Too Late on Rate Hikes
Feb 4 – A US economic slowdown is underway, says Lakshman Achuthan, co-founder of the Economic Cycle Research Institute, adding that the Fed waited too long to hike rates. Lakshman discusses US economic trends, prospects...