Market Focus: Economy
- Jul 07 The Greek Vote and the EU Miscalculation by George Friedman PhD
- Jul 07 The June Unemployment Rate Fell to 5.3%, But... by Paul Kasriel
- Jul 06 Greece’s New Money: Many, Not One? by Charles Hugh Smith
- Jul 06 China Chicanery Causes Chaos by Kurt Kallaus
- Jul 06 ISM Non-Manufacturing: Continued Growth in June at a Slightly Faster Rate by Doug Short
- Jul 02 Reflections on France by Bill Witherell
- Jul 02 Rosenberg on Greece, US Economy, and Stocks by FS Staff
- Jul 02 Japan’s Yen Has Only Begun to Fall by Andrew Zatlin
- Jul 02 Greece’s Referendum by Alasdair Macleod
- Jul 01 Now’s Really Not the Time for a Liquidity Crisis by Global Risk Insights
- Jun 30 Deadlines, Deals, and Defaults by Sheraz Mian
- Jun 30 A Look at Greek Contagion Risk by Chris Puplava
- Jun 30 NYSE Margin Debt: A 1.6% Decline From Last Month's Record High by Doug Short
- Jun 30 Events Continue to Conspire Against The Fed by Tim Duy PhD
- Jun 29 Recession vs. Wealth Inequality by Matthew Kerkhoff
Andrew Zatlin: Buybacks in the Age of the Internet
Jul 7 – Corporations are sitting on large piles of cash and rather than using their profits to hire employees, build factories, or buy equipment, they are buying back shares of their own stock instead. Is this a conspiracy to drive...
Book Interview With Worth Wray: A Great Leap Forward?
Jul 3 – China is going to shake the world. Will you be ready? The world’s second largest economy is on the edge of a great transformation… or an epic disaster. It has enormous implications for the global economy either way.
Steve Keen: Non-Linear Markets Forcing Copernican Revolution in Economics
Jun 30 – Steve Keen discusses two fundamental flaws of current economic thinking and how market complexity (including the role of money, debt, and banks) are forcing a Copernican Revolution on what some refer to as...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Slow and Shallow – The Next Fed Interest Rate Cycle
Jun 27 – This week on the Big Picture Jim continues the theme that has the market’s undivided attention; the coming rate rising cycle by the Federal Reserve. Much of the economic recovery has centered on Fed policy, which has...