Market Focus: Economy
- Dec 09 California’s Growing Public Pension Crisis by Independent Institute
- Dec 09 The Art of the Probe by Ben Hunt PhD
- Dec 09 EU: Central Bank Will Continue Quantitative Easing Next Year by Stratfor
- Dec 08 Irexit: Ireland May Have to Consider Leaving the EU by Christopher Quigley
- Dec 08 Turkey Maneuvers to Escape Its Dollar Trap by Stratfor
- Dec 08 What Comes After the Trump Rally? by Andrew Zatlin
- Dec 08 The Great Middle Class Revolt Gets Bigger by Clif Droke
- Dec 07 Reva Goujon: Global Forces Indicate 2017 Is Shaping Up to Be a Big Year by FS Staff
- Dec 07 Is the US Workforce Nearing Full Recovery? Don't Trust the Unemployment Rate for the Answer! by Doug Short
- Dec 07 The Imminent Multi-Trillion Dollar Surge In Social Security & Medicare Costs by Daniel Amerman CFA
- Dec 06 Boom and Bust by Matthew Kerkhoff
- Dec 06 Dallas Pension Showdown: Mayor Seeks to “Target Those Who Got Rich From System” by Michael Shedlock
- Dec 06 US Service Sector Rebounds in November; Majority of Businesses Positive on Direction of Economy by Jill Mislinski
- Dec 06 Are Fiscal Stimulus Expectations Too High? by ValueWalk
- Dec 05 December Macro Update: Employment Growth Is Decelerating by Urban Carmel
Tax Cuts, Earnings, and Expectations
Dec 9 – Matthew Kerkhoff, Chief Investment Strategist at Model Investing and a contributor a Dow Theory Letters, explains the drivers of the current rally with analysis on how corporate tax cuts translate to increased earnings...
Neil Dutta on US Economic Outlook, Risks of “Too Much Fiscal Stimulus”
Dec 8 – Renaissance Macro’s Neil Dutta joins FS Insider to discuss his outlook and assessment of US manufacturing, the service sector, housing, wage growth, employment, the wider global economy, and the risks coming from too much fiscal...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Trumpian Revolution
Dec 3 – In the past few weeks—and especially following Trump’s election—oil, interest rates, the stock market, and the US dollar have all moved strongly to the upside. What’s going on and is this sustainable? Jim Puplava discusses...
Stratfor’s Reva Goujon: Major Geopolitical Changes Coming in 2017
Dec 2 – Reva Goujon, VP of Global Analysis at Stratfor, discusses the potential implications of a Trump presidency in terms of trade, geopolitics, and foreign policy. She also goes through the major events and potential stress points for...