Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Nov 25 Kurt Kallaus: Still No Recession; Expect Mild Acceleration in 2016 by FS Staff
- Nov 19 Experts See Low Oil Prices for Decades to Come as US Shale Boom Goes Global by FS Staff
- Nov 11 Supply Side Recession vs. Demand Side Expansion by Kurt Kallaus
- Nov 11 Oil Prices Likely to Stay Low as the New Revolutions Go Global by Roberto Aguilera Marian Radetzki
- Nov 05 El Niño Update – Separating Hype from Probability by Evelyn Browning Garriss
- Oct 16 Shaping the Rest of 2015: Godzilla vs. The Volcano by Evelyn Browning Garriss
- Oct 08 Peter Boockvar's Contrarian Play: Sell US Stocks, Buy Commodities and Emerging Markets by FS Staff
- Oct 06 Bumping Into Resistance by Matthew Kerkhoff
- Oct 05 Gary Dorsch: “Hundreds of Billions” in Defaults if Commodity Crash Continues by FS Staff
- Oct 01 NIRP, Its Likelihood and Effect on Commodities by Alasdair Macleod
Big Picture Special Edition: Don Coxe on Geopolitical Threats and George Gilder on Information Theory
Nov 7 – In a special edition of the Big Picture, we reprise two compelling FS Insider interviews, featuring Dox Coxe and George Gilder. In a wide-ranging conversation, Don Coxe and Jim discuss...
Martin Armstrong: If This Level Breaks, Expect Dow to Hit 13,000, Then Double
Aug 29 – Legendary market historian and well-known strategist Martin Armstrong comments on recent market events and explains his forecast for stocks, bonds, currencies, and gold. Martin also...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: The Fear Trade: Snake Oil Salesmen and the Dangers of Being Duped
Aug 8 – In Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week, The Fear Trade, Jim notes we are soon entering the fall season, where we normally see more market volatility and corrections. It is also the...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: An Energy Roundtable - Featuring Robert Rapier, Kurt Wulff and Dan Steffens
May 23 - Will energy prices continue to recover back to old highs, or will they dip back to recent lows? This week on the Big Picture, Jim moderates an Energy Roundtable with Robert Rapier,...
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau