Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Mar 30 Barry Bannister’s Comprehensive Macro Outlook Suggests Bear Market in 2019 by FS Staff
- Mar 24 The Difficulties in Making US Manufacturing Great Again by Global Risk Insights
- Mar 24 Should We Pay Off $20 Trillion in National Debt by Selling Federal Assets? by FS Staff
- Mar 23 A Big Tailwind for the Stock Market Has Now Dissipated by Urban Carmel
- Mar 22 Imagining a World After Fossil Fuels by Stratfor
- Mar 22 John Murphy on Intermarket Analysis and the Sequence of Market Peaks by FS Staff
- Mar 16 Major Bull Sees Much Smaller Returns for 2017 by FS Staff
- Mar 09 These Seven Megatrends Will Impact the World for Decades to Come by FS Staff
- Mar 01 China, Copper, and the PMI by Callum Thomas
- Feb 07 Yellen's Last Hike and the Next Fed Chair by FS Staff
The Next Big Thing – Infrastructure
Mar 11 – In 2002, Jim Puplava wrote “The Next Big Thing,” explaining how natural resources, commodities, and precious metals were the next long-term investments. Today, he outlines why “The...
Gary Shilling: US Holds Upper Hand in Trade Environment
Feb 18 – In this hour long conversation, Gary Shilling of A. Gary Shilling & Co. and Jim Puplava discuss trade, China, the US dollar, emerging markets, infrastructure spending, monetary policy...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: Trump and the Great Reflation
Nov 19 – Donald Trump has won the election and now plans to provide a major boost to the economy. Will it succeed and delay the onset of a recession or will the “great reflation” get stopped dead...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: $20 Trillion in Debt, Financial Repression, and Gold’s Blast Off
Mar 12 – The week’s first topic on the Big Picture is “$20 Trillion in Debt, Financial Repression, and Gold’s Blast Off”. Gold and commodities have been in bear markets since 2011. The Fed’s...
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau