Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Jan 13 China’s Iron Ore Inventories Post Biggest Decline in Two Years by Michael Shedlock
- Jan 05 Energy Prices Falling Across the Board: Charts by Sober Look
- Jan 05 European Vacation, Anyone? by Cris Sheridan
- Jan 02 2015 Housing Trends: Will the Echo Bubble Continue Expanding? by Charles Hugh Smith
- Dec 22 If Energy Prices Remain Near Current Levels, Canada's Economy Is in Trouble by Sober Look
- Dec 13 Weekday Wrap-Up: No Hyperinflation, Years of Low Oil Prices, and a Bubble in Stocks by FS Staff
- Dec 08 The Fed's Policy Trajectory Is Tied to Global Recovery by Sober Look
- Nov 19 How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? by FS Staff
- Nov 12 Don't Fight the Dollar by Cris Sheridan
- Nov 10 Technician: Stocks Trending Higher Over Next 2-3 Months; Gold Targeting $1050-$1100 by FS Staff
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On the Record (Part 2)
Jan 3 – In part-two of a special year-end On The Record interview, John interviews Jim on an array of economic topics as well as his own philosophy on investing. In this segment, John asks Jim...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: On The Record Part 1
Dec 27 – In part-one of a special year-end On The Record interview, Jim and John cover many economic and investment topics, including Jim’s views on peak oil, how the financial industry has...
Ned Schmidt: Agriculture Prices Going Up - Demand Is Key Factor
Jim welcomes back Ned W Schmidt CFA, Publisher of The Value View Gold & The Agri-Food Value View Reports at Schmidt Management Company. Ned notes that ag prices and ag exports are going up,...
Ned Schmidt: Fundamentals Point to Higher Food Prices Ahead
Jim welcomes back Ned Schmidt CFA, Publisher of The Agri-Food Value View and The Value View Gold Reports at Schmidt Management Company. Ned and Jim discuss the agriculture sector this week, and...
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau