Market Focus: Commodities
Recent Editorials on Commodities
- Jul 28 Are Commodities Talking to Us? by Ned W Schmidt CFA
- Jul 16 Which Way Is Inflation Blowing? Watch Commodities by Gary Dorsch
- Jul 02 The Economic Consequences of El Niño – North America by Evelyn Browning Garriss
- Jun 27 Bitcoins to Become Legal Currency in California by Michael Shedlock
- Jun 24 Will Silver Do a Headfake? by Keith Weiner
- Jun 18 Common Commodity Misconceptions by John Butler
- Jun 17 Potential to Derail by Thomas J Smith CFA
- Jun 06 Just Right! by Puru Saxena
- Jun 05 Oil Prices: Smart Money Skeptical At $103 Per Barrel by John Kosar CMT
- May 27 2014: Agri-Commodities Prices Winning by Ned W Schmidt CFA
Ned Schmidt: Agriculture Prices Going Up - Demand Is Key Factor
Jim welcomes back Ned W Schmidt CFA, Publisher of The Value View Gold & The Agri-Food Value View Reports at Schmidt Management Company. Ned notes that ag prices and ag exports are going up,...
Ned Schmidt: Fundamentals Point to Higher Food Prices Ahead
Jim welcomes back Ned Schmidt CFA, Publisher of The Agri-Food Value View and The Value View Gold Reports at Schmidt Management Company. Ned and Jim discuss the agriculture sector this week, and...
Evelyn Browning Garriss: High Probability of an El Niño Event – Good News for Farmers and Californians
Jim welcomes back Evelyn Browning Garriss, Editor of The Browning Newsletter. Evelyn discusses the chances of Central and Eastern North America having a cool, delayed planting season as well as...
Jim Puplava’s Big Picture: LEI’s Dropping – Danger Ahead?
In Jim’s first Big Picture topic this week, “LEI’s Dropping – danger ahead?” he looks at what the Leading Economic Indicators may be telling us. Last summer the LEI’s turned up and the markets and...
Learn More about Commodities
- COT (Commitments of Traders) Data | CFTC
- Commodities Futures | Yahoo! Finance
- Commodities | Forbes.com
- Commodity Futures | Bloomberg
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) Index
- Drought Severity Index: Long Term Palmer | CPC
- DoE: Critical Materials Strategy
- UNEP Year Book 2011 | United Nations
- World PopClock Projection | U.S. Census Bureau